RESULTS ARE IN!
Click here for a spreadsheet of all the winning breeders.
See Current Draft Standard of Perfection:
See articles on how to photograph your birds:
Follow on Facebook:
Rules for the Show:
- Pictures of the entry birds should be unobstructed, close up views, ideally, you should submit a profile view and a front view of your bird.
- Pictures should be visually appealing and taken by you.
- Pictures must be of living birds.
- Pictures must have been taken during the show entry period, October 15, 2019 – February 15, 2020. A digital date on the picture is helpful.
- Pictures of birds must be posted on the Cream Legbar Club Fifth Annual Online, Virtual Show Facebook event page link.
- Entries will be accepted from October 15, 2019 – February 15, 2020.
Categories of Entries, Limits, and Requirements:
- Varieties of Entrants: Cream Legbars, Golden Crele Legbars, and White Legbars
- Entrants must be labeled as: Cocks, Hens, Cockerels, or Pullets
- There is a limit of 5 birds by a breeder in each category, e.g., 5 cream legbar pullets, 5 golden crele cockerels, etc.
- Each entrant must identify themselves by name and Cream Legbar Club membership status, e.g., full member, associate member, or junior member. Any non-member who submits an entry will automatically become new “Associate Members”. There are no fees or dues are associated with associate member status.
Judging and Results:
- The best and reserve cock, hen, cockerel, and pullet for each variety will be determined.
- The best and reserve variety will be determined from the best cock, hen, cockerel, and pullet within that variety.
- The best and reserve in show will be determined from the best in variety champions.
- The current Revision 4 of the draft Standard of Perfection (SOP) for the cream legbar will be used for judging. This draft SOP will also use the current drafts for the golden crele and white legbars in the combined SOP format.
- The judging will be done by a team appointed by the Cream Legbar Club.
- The Best in Show and Reserve in Show winners will receive a one-year paid membership to the Cream Legbar Club
- Only one award membership will be granted per entrant.
- The judging will be done by a team appointed by the Cream legbar Club. So do your best to present your birds in show condition. If this were a live show, the judge would examine and pick up the bird. As such, the judge would expect to find birds freshly bathed and in peak condition.
- Show birds have attitude!! They unfailingly have a sense of who they are and this message comes across loudly in the pictures of the bird. This, too, is a point of judging birds in a show. How does the chicken carry himself or herself in presenting themselves to other chickens and people? Capturing this attitude in a picture can make all the difference especially since the APA judge is unable to pick the bird up or observe the bird’s behavior in an online show.
- Pay attention to lighting and setting. An artist will always ask “What is the light doing to the colors?” Your birds will show better in good lighting rather than a dark corner.
- Chickens do not naturally pose for pictures! Try to take a lot of pictures and choose the one that best shows your bird. Ideally, you would like to see a relaxed inquisitive bird in the picture rather than a frightened bird chased into a corner.
As always, we wish everyone the best of luck in this online show. We are really looking forward to the great pictures of your birds and the results of the great work that you are doing to support the legbar breed and its varieties!
FINAL NOTE: As noted in the judging section, we will use the current draft Revision 4 of the Cream Legbar SOP as posted on the club website. This revision 4 will be presented in a combined SOP format with the Golden Crele Legbar and White Legbar draft SOPs. We are seeking the APA judge’s and your comments particularly on the Golden Crele Legbar SOP. All legbar varieties use the same shape and physical structure of the male and female, this will be evident as you peruse the draft Combined SOP.