See Current Draft Standard of Perfection:
See articles on how to photograph your birds:
Follow on Facebook:
Rules for the Show:
- Pictures of the entry birds should be unobstructed, close up views. You MUST submit a profile view and a front view of your bird (i.e., 2 photos per bird)
- Digital image file names must be titled correctly! Include your name (first and last), bird number (e.g., bird1, bird2).
- Pictures should be visually appealing and taken by you.
- Pictures must be a recent photo reflecting the current age of your bird.
- Pictures of birds must be posted on the Cream Legbar Club 6th Annual Online Form. Click the button below. Entries will be accepted from October 17, 2020 – January 31, 2021.
Categories, Entries, Limits, and Requirements:
- Category—Color Varieties: Cream Legbar, Golden Crele Legbar, and White Legbar
- Category—Gender: Cocks, Hens, Cockerels, or Pullets
- There is a limit of 2 birds by a breeder in each category, e.g., 2 Cream Legbar pullets, 2 Golden Crele cockerels, etc. There are no fees to enter.
- Cream Legbar Club members and non-members are invited to submit entries. Any non-member who submits an entry will automatically become a new “Associate Member.” There are no fees or dues associated with Associate Member status.
Judging and Results:
- Color Variety & Gender—Best and Reserve cock, hen, cockerel, and pullet will be determined for each color variety.
- Color Variety winners—Best and Reserve of each color variety will be determined from the best cock, hen, cockerel, or pullet within that color variety.
- Best & Reserve In Show—will be determined from the Color Variety winners.
- The current Revision 5 of the draft Standard of Perfection (SOP) for the Cream Legbar will be used for judging. This draft SOP will also use the current drafts for the Golden Crele and White Legbars in the combined SOP format.
- The judging will be done by a team appointed by the Cream Legbar Club.
- Best In Show and Reserve In Show winners will receive a one-year paid membership to the Cream Legbar Club.
- Only one award membership will be granted per entrant.
- Please follow online news regarding Breeder Recognition points.
- The judging will be done by a team appointed by the Cream Legbar Club. So do your best to present your birds in show condition. If this were a live show, the judge would examine and pick up the bird. As such, the judge would expect to find birds freshly bathed and in peak condition.
- Show birds have attitude!! They unfailingly have a sense of who they are and this message comes across loudly in the pictures of the bird. This, too, is a point of judging birds in a show. How does the chicken carry himself or herself in presenting themselves to other chickens and people? Capturing this attitude in a picture can make all the difference especially since the APA judge is unable to pick the bird up or observe the bird’s behavior in an online show.
- Pay attention to lighting and setting. An artist will always ask “What is the light doing to the colors?” Your birds will show better in good lighting rather than a dark corner.
- Chickens do not naturally pose for pictures! Try to take a lot of pictures and choose the one that best shows your bird. Ideally, you would like to see a relaxed inquisitive bird in the picture rather than a frightened bird chased into a corner.
As always, we wish everyone the best of luck in this online show. We are really looking forward to the great pictures of your birds and the results of the great work that you are doing to support the Legbar breed and its varieties!
FINAL NOTE: As noted in the judging section, we will use the current Revision 5 of the Cream Legbar draft SOP as posted on the club website. The Golden Crele Legbar and White Legbar draft SOPs closely align with the Cream Legbar draft SOP. All Legbar varieties use the same shape and physical structure of the male and female. We invite you to read the SOPs.